Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I've got beef

So here's the thing. I LOVE the thought of a good salad. Even better -- The perfect sandwhich. We're talking toasted bread with melted cheese, crisp lettuce, a few pickles, creamy italian dressing, (chipotle if i'm feeling sassy), and the ever important tomato. Ahhhhhhh yes, the tomato. Probably the most daunting thing that one will ever see in the kitchen. My point here is this: I HATE cutting tomatoes! The carrot has resistance, the mushroom practically cuts itself and the green pepper was intrinsically designed to be it's own cutting diagram!!

What can we do about this inhumanity?

Next time I'm in the supermarket, I'm gettin' my tomatoes and marching straight over to that little meat counter and demanding a nice 1/8 inch slice. This is what they were made for anyway. You think salami squirts when you shave it?! Why ELSE do they need those little white aprons?!

Chop Chop it like it's hot.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, September 15, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, kids, here's your problem.....drum roll, please....

Get a sharper knife. It will solve all problems concerning tomato squirts. Seriously, I buy tomatoes probably twice a week because I like cutting them so much. Well, alright, eating them ain't bad either. But honestly, the knife holds the key to your frustration. Our's cut like buttah.

Btw, you gotta tell me when you get a blog.

 
At 12:06 PM, September 18, 2005, Blogger Courts said...

At the resturaunt we gots this cool little contraption that is ONLY for slicein the tomato. You stick one in, slight move of the wrist and BAM! Evenenly cut tomato slices for your eating pleasure. IT is CRAZY WORK cleaning it though without the giant dishwasher the resturaunts have....so I guess the best thing to do is follow Tracy's advice. Get a super sharp knife and watch out for the fingers!

 
At 7:36 AM, September 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tomatoes should only be eaten in cubed or sauce form

Either way, tomatoes are more what food eats than an actual food... of course, I'm 4 times your size so what do I know

 

Post a Comment

<< Home